Hair is a part of your body that determines mainly your appearance and your confidence, so keeping strong and shiny hair is what most people are concerned about. Your hair should be hydrated to be shiny. To do this, your head will keep sebaceous glands to produce sebum then such sebum will be used to hydrate hair, thereby making it look shiny.
Normally, when your hair bears the excessive amount of oil, it is most typical that you will immediately apply some kinds of chemical shampoo on your hair to temporarily limit the oil amount, but sometimes, it may even make your hair become oilier. So it will be great if you can apply such DIY hair masks for oily hair effectively to experience the silky, strong and gorgeous hair.
Make Hair Mask From Strawberry
It is certain that whenever you mention strawberry, popping up in your mind must be the image of strawberry milk, smoothies, jams…as for a long time it has been known as an indispensable fruit for people’s healthy life. But in this article, strawberry can be made into hair mask which is considered among the best DIY hair masks for oily hair.
It takes effect as the controller of sebum produced in your head and reduces the excess oil in your hair perfectly. Besides, inside the strawberry, there is a high amount of vitamin C, which plays an important role in maintaining your hair’s health. Inside the strawberry, people can also found out the great antioxidant properties, so if you apply this mask on hair, the scalp cell membranes will be protected thoroughly, your hair can be both less oily and stronger.
In this article, you will be introduced about two ways of using strawberries to make a hair mask.
In the first option, you can smash a ½ cup of strawberries and use the sieve to extract the small seeds. Then you just need to use this juice to apply on your oily hair, let it generate your scalp for about 10 minutes.
After done, use water to rinse it off, you will immediately see the result that your hair is less oily, at the same time, very fragrant.
In the second option, you might want to apply a thick pack for your hair.
- You just need to prepare 2 tablespoons mayonnaise and 8 strawberries.
- You mix both of them together to get the smooth paste and apply it on your wet hair for about 15 minutes.
- After done, rinse it off with clean water and experience smooth hair with no oil anymore.
Make Hair Mask From Egg White And Lemon Juice
One of the greatest DIY hair masks for oily hair you must take is a mask from egg white and lemon juice. Both of these ingredients are always available around your house, so you can easily take them from your kitchen and start to make the amazing mask for your oily hair. Certainly, they are not just ingredients familiar with people’s daily life but also contains super potent content beneficial for hair, so it is not strange people usually take this remedy to deal with oily hair.
If lemon juice contains high level of vitamin C, which can control the excess oil on your hair effectively, the egg white can help to balance the moisture on your scalp and hair and make sure that your hair is not too dry. In general, apply the mask made from egg white and lemon juice will bring to your hair the hydration but still keep the stable level of oil to make hair look shiny and strong.
- Following this DIY hair mask, you will need to prepare 1 egg white
- Then, you put into the egg lemon juice extracted from 1 lemon and a little salt (1 tablespoon).
- Stir all ingredients well to get the final smooth paste
- What you have to do next is apply this amazing mask on your hair, cover it for 30 minutes to let it generate to your hair
- After a specific time, take off the cover by rinsing your hair with tepid water, then mild shampoo and conditioner.
Make Hair Mask From Yogurt
Mentioning yogurt, you will immediately think about the appealing flavored summer cooler. It can’t be denied that this is a rich source of probiotic providing you with attractive skin and strong health. But more than it is also the ingredient to make one of the best DIY hair masks for oily hair.
Remember to take the plain yogurt, as this is the right kind of yogurt, which can guarantee its positive effect on nurturing and oil controlling your hair. With the high content of antioxidants and vitamin in the yogurt, you can keep the piece in mind that the mask made from yogurt is going to combat with the oil thoroughly, so you will not need to worry about this situation anymore.
Actually, there are many ways for you to use yogurt to make hair masks for oily hair.
- You can make a mask by adding a teaspoon of baking soda into a ½ cup of plain yogurt. Don’t forget to supplement this mixture with 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice and an egg white.
- Mix them well and get the final smooth paste.
- Take this paste to rub and massage on your hair, then cover it with shower cap for 30 minutes
- Rinse the mask off with tepid water and done.
- With this recipe, there is one note you need to remember that is because baking soda is super strong absorbent, so you should apply this remedy once a week, don’t abuse it so that your hair still maintains the essential level of oil.
Make Hair Mask From Baking Soda
Baking soda is not only an integral part in every kitchen but also among the greatest treatments for oily hair. To combat with oily hair, you can totally make use of baking soda to deal with your trouble and it depends on the level of your hair situation that determines the necessary amount of baking soda for your hair.
Actually, baking soda has been used widely for a long time thanks to the great oil-absorbing function of it. In addition, it is not just known for such feature but also popularized with the alkaline content, which can balance the pH level on your scalp and help reduce the bad smell for your hair.
To make the great paste from baking soda for oily hair, you need to mix baking soda and water in the ratio Then you will get the thick paste, all you need then is to rub this paste on your hair and leave it there for 10 minutes before using water to rinse it off. It is suggested that you should use this treatment once or twice per week.
In case you cannot make the paste that way, you can take baking soda as a dry shampoo. Whenever, your hair gets oily, you just need to take some baking soda on hand and rub it gently on the area of oily hair. This will temporarily reduce the oil production on your hair in urgent cases.
Make Hair Mask From Fuller’s Earth
You might hear about fuller’s earth as a perfect beauty remedy for skin only. But in fact, it can totally be used as a treatment for some hair problems like oily hair. It is considered one of the best natural absorbents, so you can use it to absorb the excess oil on your hair and scalp. In addition, it is enriched with so many minerals whose function is mainly to balance the pH level on your scalp and boost the blood circulation on your hair. Therefore, your follicle can be strengthened, the hair strand will become shiny and strong as you expect. So if possible, take advantage of fuller’s earth as it is real among the best DIY hair masks for oily hair.
- Firstly, you will need to prepare 3 tablespoons of fuller’s earth
- Mix it with some water to get a thick paste
- Apply this kind of paste on your hair and scalp gently
- Leave it there for 15-20 minutes and then use tepid water to rinse it off
- Apply this method once per week is the best for you.
Make Hair Mask From Tomato
Tomato is another healthy fruit that people must take. It contains so many kinds of beneficial vitamins and minerals, so it is an integral part of every meal. But more than that, it can be used to make one of the greatest DIY hair masks for oily hair.
As you may know, besides the excess production of sebum on your scalp, which causes the oily situation, there is another factor, which also causes such situation. That is the imbalance in the pH level on your scalp. So tomato will be the saver of your hair as it will help to balance the pH level effectively, then control the secretion of excess oil perfectly. Tomatoes can also help to eliminate the bad odor well. Hence, from such reveal, you can now use tomato to deal with oily hair productively.
- Prepare one ripe tomato and smash to get its juice
- Mix this juice with a teaspoon of fuller’s earth
- Apply the smooth paste on your hair evenly and use cap to cover your hair with that paste for 30 minutes
- After done, you use cold water to rinse the mask off
- It is great if you apply this method 1-2 times per week to get the best result.
Make Hair Masks For Oily Hair From Honey & Banana
Among the DIY hair masks for oily hair mentioned in this article, this is really a special combination. It sounds so delicious right? But it is not for eating but for calling back the comfortable status for your hair.
As you may know, sometimes, that is the wrong use of shampoo or conditioner, which leads to your oily hair. So to deal with this problem, banana and honey is the most suitable and perfect choice for you. This will help to nourish your hair thoroughly, besides it will help to control the oil on your hair and scalp effectively thanks to minerals and vitamins from banana and the nurturing content from honey. Now with this combination you can keep the piece in mind that your oily hair will be dealt with completely.
Here is the recipe for you:
- Firstly, you need to put one ripe banana in the blender and blend it to get the thick consistency
- Then you mix honey and banana following the rule
- Take this paste and apply it to your hair, don’t forget to massage your hair from your root
- Leave it there for 20 minutes and after done, rinse it off with mildly warm water
- You should reapply this method 2 times per week to get the best result.
Make Hair Mask From Green Or Blue Clay
Clay has been popularly used as a perfect skin care remedy thanks to its ability to absorb the oil and smoothen the skin texture. The delightful news is that the clay can be also used for hair with the same functionality. There are two types of clay that can make great DIY hair masks for oily hair. They are green and blue. Regardless of the different names, both of them are widely believed to eliminate the dead skin cells on your hair scalp thoroughly and eject the excessive oil from your hair completely.
You should use clay with suitable dosage to make sure that it doesn’t make your hair becomes too dry. You also can try it first on one strand of your hair to know whether it is really suitable for you or not. One more thing, you also don’t need to worry about its becoming dry on your hair, just take some mild shampoo to rinse it off and then your hair will be soft, silky and shiny as you expect.
- Following this remedy, you will need green or blue clay and some water. Be sure the clay you use is of high quality.
- Then you combine 2-4 tablespoons clay with a relative amount of water, then mix it to get the smooth consistency. Don’t make it too thick, just slightly smooth.
- When getting the desired paste, you just need to apply it to your hair and scalp
- Cover your hair for 15 minutes and rinse the mask off with mildly natural shampoo.