How To Get Natural Skin Brightening and Tightening Mask
If you’re struggling with acne, dark spots, or rough, dehydrated patches on your face, getting clear, soft skin may seem like mission impossible. However, you don’t need to go any further than your kitchen to get one of the most effective ingredients in clearing and smoothing the skin raw egg. Whether you use the entire egg, just the white, or the yolk alone, you can mix it with other natural ingredients to create face masks that hydrate, brighten, tighten, and nourish the skin for a smooth, clear appearance. Best of all, they’re easy and inexpensive to make!
Skin tightening and brightening treatments are getting quite popular. These treatments are quite expensive and can burn a hole in your pocket. Before you visit a salon, do try this homemade skin brightening and tightening mask:
Egg white: Egg whites have great skin and pore tightening effect. It also brightens up your skin and adds a healthy brightened glow.
Lemon juice: Lemon juice has bleaching properties. It also helps tighten pores.
Turmeric powder: Turmeric powder is a well-known skin brightener. It helps with sun tan and adds a healthy brightened glow to your skin.
Things you need
- 1 Tbsp Egg white
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 Tsp Organic Turmeric Powder
In a bowl, add egg white, lemon juice and turmeric powder.
Mix it well and apply on cleansed skin. Let it sit for 30 minutes and wash it off.
The mask help to tighten the skin and shrink pores. It helps to maintain elasticity in the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines. The face mask will greatly improve your skin’s appearance and also helps to tighten skin naturally.
Preparing a Hydrating, Anti-Acne Egg Face Mask
Whisk the egg:
Break 1 egg into a small bowl. Use a whisk to lightly beat it so the yolk and white are fully combined.
- For the best results, use an organic egg.
Add the honey:
After you’ve lightly beaten the egg, stir in 1 tablespoon (21 g) of raw honey. Whisk the ingredients until they are fully mixed.
- Raw honey is sometimes sold as pasteurized honey.
- Honey is antibacterial, so it pairs well with the nutrients in the egg to clear acne and smooth the skin.
Apply the mask to your face and neck and let it sit:
Once the mask is completely mixed, use a pastry brush to apply it to your face, neck, and any other area where you get acne. Be careful to avoid the eye area, though. Allow the mask to dry for at least 20 minutes.
- If you don’t have a pastry brush, you can spread the mask over your skin with clean fingers.
- The mask will help tighten your pores, tone your skin, and kill any bacteria that might cause acne, all without overdrying your skin.
Wash off the mask with water:
When the 20 minutes are up, rinse off the mask with warm water. Pat your skin dry with a clean towel, and follow up with your usual acne treatment, serum, or moisturizer.
- Use the mask one to two times per week for clear, soft skin.
Mixing up a Brightening and Tightening Egg White Face Mask
Mix all of the ingredients together:
Add 1 egg white, ½ tablespoon (10.5 g) of raw honey, and ½ tablespoon (7.5 ml) of lemon juice to a small bowl. Use a spoon or fork to briskly blend all of the ingredients together until they’re fully combined.
- When you’re done mixing the mask, it should be slightly foamy. It should take 1 to 2 minutes of stirring or whisking.
Smooth the mask over your face:
Once the mask is fully mixed, spread it over your face with clean fingers or a small brush. Apply a layer that’s thick enough to stick to your skin without dripping off. Usually, three scoops of the mask with your fingers is enough for your entire face.
- Be sure to wash and dry your face before applying the mask.
- Avoid the eye area when you’re spreading the mask over your face.
Leave the mask on for half an hour:
When your face is completely covered, allow the mask to dry on your face for approximately 30 minutes. As it dries, you’ll feel it start to tighten on your skin as the egg whites work to refine your pores.
Rinse off the mask with a washcloth:
When you’re ready to wash off the mask, splash your face with warm water. Use a wet washcloth to gently wipe away the residue until your skin is clean.
- Be careful not to rub the washcloth too roughly over your face. It may irritate your skin and cause redness.
Splash your face with cold water and dry:
Once the mask is rinsed off, splash your face with cold water to tighten your pores further. Pat your face dry with a clean towel, and apply your usual serum or moisturizer.
- Use the mask one to two times a week for smooth, bright skin.