How To Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally
Blackheads, оr comedones are dark, tiny spots that commonly occur on the face skin, particularly the nose, but they can appear anywhere on the body skin. Blackheads are blocked pores in the skin, filled with skin debris or keratin and sebum, and oily substances. Blackheads are the most common problems among those with oily skin.
The main causes that lead to this problem are hormonal changes in the body, stress, excessive consumption of alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes, unclean skin and use of inappropriate cosmetic products.
Besides, many prescription medicines for the treatment of blackheads, you can also try natural ways to get rid of blackheads. Some easily found home ingredients can treat your blackheads within a few days.
Lemon is a natural ingredient that is very effective in treating blackheads and acne. Lemon is rich in nutrients and vitamins that are good for all skin types. Squeeze a little lemon juice in a bowl, add salt and stir the mixture well.
- Make a natural mixture by mixing lemon juice with salt, yogurt and honey. Wash your face with warm water and gently scrub the affected area. Then, leave it for about 20 minutes, and wash again with warm water.
- Make a natural facial cleanser, using a mix of fresh lemon juice with milk or rosewater. Apply the homemade cleanser daily, for 2 weeks.
Green tea can be used for the treatment of blackheads.
- Make a paste by mixing one teaspoon of dry green tea leaves with a little water. Gently scrub the homemade paste over the affected area and leave it for 2 – 3 minutes. This homemade scrub cleans oily skin and helps unclog pores. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
Honey has antiseptic properties and is good for oily skin and blackheads. Honey can help to tighten the skin pores, giving your skin a clear hydrated complexion.
- Apply some pure honey onto affected area, leave it on for about 10 minutes, then wash it with lukewarm water.
Cinnamon can be also used to remove and prevent blackheads.
- Prepare a mixture of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and honey as a thick paste. Apply the homemade paste over the affected area and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash your face. Use this home remedy daily for 10 days.
- Prepare a mix of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, lime juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. Use this mixture as a facial cleanser.
Baking soda is really effective for the treatment of blackheads and also acne. Baking soda clears the skin debris and impurities.
- Prepare a mixture of 2 teaspoons of baking soda with mineral water. Apply gently to the affected skin area, and leave it to dry for about 3 minutes, then wash your face with warm water. Use this remedy 1 – 2 times a week.
Yogurt is good for skin care and also helps to banish blackheads.
- Prepare a mixture of 2 tablespoons oatmeal with 3 tablespoons of yogurt. You can also add a little lemon juice and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients to a form of paste. Apply the mixture on clean face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes, then wash it with cold water.
Eggs are very effective to get rid of blackheads.
- Make a paste by mixing 2 egg whites with 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply this homemade mixture over the affected area, leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash your face with warm water.
Tomatoes have natural antiseptic properties and help to dry up blackheads.
- Take a small tomato, peel it and mash it, and then it over the affected area, before going to bed. Leave it overnight and in the morning wash your face.
Apply tea tree oil to kill bacteria
Tea tree oil can be purchased at any drug store. Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties that make it helpful in cleaning out your pores. Find a 5% tea tree oil gel. Use it once per day to start treating blackheads.
Use bentonite clay to clear your pores
Bentonite clay is thought to be effective for healing skin and can be purchased online. Mix in enough water that the clay becomes pliable so that you can apply it on your face. Rub a thin layer over your face and allow it to sit for 10-25 minutes.
Use a mechanical facial brush to remove dead skin cells
Drug stores sell mechanical brushes that can be used to clean your face. This will help loosen up the blackhead in preparation for a pore strip. Follow the directions on the box to ensure that you are using the brush correctly.
Use milk and honey to create pore strips
Milk and honey are both thought to be good for the skin, but they can also stick to the blackhead, creating a homemade pore strip. Pore strips, will, ideally, lift the blackhead directly off the skin. As is generally the case, a pore strip is most effective when the blackhead has already been softened up.
Apply a sugar rub to exfoliate your skin
This simple remedy requires that you clean your face thoroughly. Subsequently, take granulated sugar, possibly with a teaspoon of lemon, and rub it into your face. This solution should exfoliate your skin. Afterward, wash your face off.
Wash your face twice a day using a mild cleanser
It is a myth that blackheads are caused by poor hygiene. However, washing your face once or twice per day with a mild facial cleanser and water is beneficial.
Keep your skin hydrated using a facial moisturizer
Get a hydrating face lotion or cream from your local drug store or online. Follow the directions on the box to apply the cream once in the morning and once at night. These will keep your skin from becoming dry and damaged.
Refrain from abrasive scrubs because they might irritate your skin
Many people will recommend that you use rough scrubs on your face to get rid of acne. However, these can actually irritate your face and make your acne worse. Use gentle cleansers when washing your face.
Don’t pick your blackheads because this can scar your skin
Popping blackheads is a rite of passage for many teenagers, but it shouldn’t be. Not only can popping and picking blackheads leave scars, it can spread acne by producing inflammation. Be patient with your acne treatment.
Avoid trying to sweat out your blackheads, which can make them worse
You may have heard that you can sweat out a blackhead either with a sauna or exercise. Actually, evidence seems to indicate that high temperatures and humidity can make acne worse. You should probably skip these treatments.