How To Get Rid of Blackheads
Blackheads, also known as open comedones are mainly located in the T-zone of the face nose, chin and forehead. Their dark color is related to the oxidation of sebum which is an oily substance secreted by the skin. Because it is hard to remove the blackheads, here are some secrets to fight against these skin imperfections.
Blackheads are not embedded dirt in your face; they are clogged pores on the skin that have blackened masses of oil and debris inside. They occur when sebum, an oil that your body naturally produces, builds up in a pore and causes a blockage. Dermatologists call blackheads “open comedones” because they remain open to the air, which causes the debris inside to oxidize and results in the “black” coloring. Several conditions and circumstances can cause blackheads, the most common being oily skin.
Appropriate daily care and good hygiene
Wash your skin in the morning and before going to bed with gentle products, cleansing gels or dermatological unleavened soap. Choose a non-comedogenic cream or lotion that do not block pores and refine the skin texture. Remember that moisturizing your skin is something you should do on a daily basis.
To avoid the appearance of the blackheads, once a week exfoliate your skin with a gentle scrub to remove the dead skin cells and unblock the pores of the impurities. After the exfoliation, skin treatment, apply a purifying mask to gain the best result. Always protect your skin when is exposure of sun with a specific sun care with SPF 30 or 50, depending on your skin type. Ask your dermatologist if you have big skin problem, maybe you will need an exfoliation treatment once a day for a longer period.
Every night make a thoroughly face cleansing. You can use a facial soap which is good to remove all the skin impurities. Once a week put a face mask, which is suitable to your skin type. Leave it for 10 or 15 minutes always read the instruction on the product, then rinse with cold water, do a little face massage and always use a skin moisturizer.
It is hard to remember, but avoiding the skin tampering techniques, make your skin healthier and clear of pimples and blackhead, also prevent contamination and infection. Take your hand off your skin.
Beside all the needed skin care at home, once a while go to your beautician and allow someone who is professional to take care of your face. Use the opportunity to get better skin treatment and enjoy during the relaxing treatments.
Wash your face twice a day, every day
This is the easiest and one of the most important methods for treating blackheads. Regular washing helps remove impurities and keep your skin and pores clean.
- Wash your face with water and a mild face cleanser two times a day. You should also wash your face any time you’ve sweated a lot, such as after exercise.
- Use your fingertips to gently massage the cleanser into your skin in small circular motions. Never scrub or scrape at your skin or use “exfoliating” washes or products. These can actually make blackheads worse.
- Don’t forget to moisturize with a skin-type appropriate cream.
Apply tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is one of the few natural remedies to be clinically proven to work in most cases. Use a product containing at least 5% concentration of tea tree oil, or apply 100% tea tree oil directly to blemishes.
- It can take longer for tea tree oil to work compared to benzoyl peroxide. However, tea tree oil does not usually cause the side effects that the harsher chemicals do.
- Do not ingest tea tree oil. It is toxic when consumed.
Make your own pore strips using honey
A pore strip mixture made with honey, lemon juice, and egg white will help heal your skin and reduce blackheads. Honey has natural antibacterial properties that will help kill acne-causing bacteria on your ski.The egg whites will thicken the mixture and the lemon juice will help with brightening the skin. Mix together 1 tablespoon of raw honey, 1 egg white, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Add 1-2 drops of an essential oil. Try calendula oil, which helps accelerate skin healing and is antibacterial. Lavender oil is also antibacterial, and can soothe and calm you as well.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for about five to 10 seconds. Do not overheat! Applying an overheated mixture could seriously burn your skin.
- Spread a thin layer of the mixture over the blackheads.
- Press a strip of cotton over the mixture and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Carefully peel the strip away and rinse your face thoroughly with cool water.
Take a sauna or steam facial
A steam bath will help open your pores and can also treat blackheads by using an antibacterial essential oil.
- Boil 1 quart of water. Add one to two drops of herbal essential oils. Try any of the following:
- Peppermint or spearmint. Both of these contain menthol, which is an antiseptic and can help boost your immune system.
- Thyme. Thyme oil is antibacterial and helps open up blood vessels.
- Calendula. Calendula is antibacterial and can help accelerate skin healing.
- Lavender. Lavender is also antibacterial and will help soothe and relax you.
- Let the boiling water cool briefly. Cover your head with a light towel and hold your face over the steaming pot for 10 minutes. Keep your face at least 12 inches away from the water so you do not burn or scald your skin.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser and moisturize.
Try a blend of vinegar and essential oils
Vinegar contains acetic acid, which has been shown to help reduce acne. Creating a blend of vinegar and orange and sweet basil essential oils, which both have antibacterial properties, may help get rid of your blackheads.
- Dilute 1 tablespoon vinegar with 2 tablespoons water. Add five to 10 drops each of orange essential oil and sweet basil essential oil to the dilution. It is important not to have a solution with more than 3 – 5% concentration of oils. Start with the lower concentration and increase it if necessary, but not past the recommended amount.
- Use a cotton swab or pad to apply the treatment to your blackheads.
- Do not go into the sun after applying this treatment, as orange essential oil makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight and you could burn.
Use a mechanical facial brush to remove dead skin cells
Drug stores sell mechanical brushes that can be used to clean your face. This will help loosen up the blackhead in preparation for a pore strip. Follow the directions on the box to ensure that you are using the brush correctly.
- The brush should be moist to help it move over your skin. Turn it on and run it over your skin in conjunction with a cleansing cream. The brush will exfoliate your skin and help the cream penetrate deeper into your pores.
- You should clean and replace the head of the brush frequently.
- There are several models and types of brushes. The faster the head of the brush, the more effective it will be. There are also several shapes; a round brush is the best for cleaning your face. The smaller the brush, the easier it will be to get hard to reach spots.
Try a tomato mask to help clear your skin
Some claim that an overnight tomato juice mask will do wonders for blackheads. Simply squeeze out the juice and then spread it across your face. Leave it on when you go to sleep. Wash off the juice the following morning.