How To Get Soft Pink Lips Naturally with Lip Sleeping Mask To lighten Lip
Thanks to lipstick, lip stains and natural solutions, anyone can have pink, pretty lips. Start by prepping your lips for color by exfoliating and moisturizing them, then add color with your favorite pink stain, balm or lipstick. Finally, to keep your lips looking bright and pretty, stay hydrated and use sunscreen.
Soft and pink lips is something we all desire but factors like smoking, lack of SPF in lip balm, lip licking habit and not using lip balm can make your lips dry, cracked and dark. There are a lot of lip products that promise lighter and pink lips but they seldom work. Here is an all natural overnight remedy that can make your lips lighter and keep it softer and pink.
Honey: Honey is a natural humectant. It keeps lips soft and also lightens it with time.
Rose water: Rose water adds a natural pink flush to your lips.
Lemon: Lemon has great lightening and bleaching properties that lightens darkness and gives your lips a nice rosy shade.
Lavender oil: Lavender essential oil softens lips and heals dryness. It also helps lighten yur lips.
RECIPE FOR LIP SLEEPING MASK TO LIGHTEN LIPS
Things you need:
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- few drops lavender essential oil
In a jar or bowl, add raw honey and rose water. Add in lemon juice and lavender essential oil. Mix it well and store in an old lip balm jar or any tiny jar that you have.To use, apply a generous amount of this mask on your lips before bedtime and wipe it off in the morning.
Prepping Your Lips
Use a lip brightening scrub:
Dull, colorless lips are usually the result of dead skin buildup. Many people regularly exfoliate their face, but forget their lips. Scrubbing your lips not only removes the dead skin to reveal new skin beneath, it increases circulation to bring more color to your lips. Try a homemade brightening scrub using the following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon juice
- A few drops of rose water
Try an exfoliating brush:
If you don’t feel like making a scrub, use an exfoliating face brush or loofah on your lips. Simply wet them first and massage your top and bottom lips until all the dead skin has been sloughed off. When you’re finished, your lips should feel fresh and invigorated.
- Or if you don’t have a special brush, just use a toothbrush! Take a clean toothbrush with soft bristles, wet it with water, and massage your lips using a circular motion. Rinse your lips and you’re done.
Try a lip serum to lighten your lips:
Certain ingredients produce mild irritation in your lips to make them look healthy and bright. Rub a little on your lips and let it sit for about 5 minutes before rinsing it away. Try the following combinations to make your lips look vibrant:
- 1 teaspoon honey (5 mL) and 1/4 (1 g) teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey (5 mL) and 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 g) cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon honey (5 mL) and 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 mL) peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon honey (5 mL) and 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of lemon juice
Use a moisturizing balm:
Finish your routine with a good lip balm that will trap moisture inside to keep your looks looking shiny and healthy. Steer clear of balms with chemicals that can dry out your lips; instead, look for balms that contain all-natural ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax.
Bright red beets have a lot of color, and it’s easy to transfer it to your lips to make them appear pinker. Simply make a paste of beetroot powder and water. Apply this to your lips and let sit for at least 5 minutes before wiping it off with a paper towel. Be sure to moisturize after you use the paste.
- You could also cut a beet into an inch-long piece and rub it over your lips. Do this for about 5 minutes to get a good stain that sets into your lips. Then moisturize with a layer of clear lip balm.
- Wear gloves when you do this or your fingers will get stained as well.
Do a fruity lip stain:
Strawberries, raspberries, cherries, pomegranates: there are so many choices when it comes to fruity lip stains! Take your favorite fruit and rub it on your lips for a few minutes. Alternatively, dip a cotton ball in red-colored fruit juice and rub it on your lips. Don’t forget to seal in the color with a clear lip balm.
- Strawberries and raspberries will produce a lighter color than cherries and pomegranates.
- If you loved popsicles as a kid, you probably already know that berry-flavored frozen treats can also do the trick! Take your time eating a red popsicle and let the dye give your lips a deep pink stain.
Try pink lip balm:
If you want a subtle, natural look, pink lip balm is the way to go. Look for a tinted lip balm that adds a thin layer of color with each application. As a bonus, tinted balms nourish your lips every time you use them, keeping them moist and plump as well as colorful.
- Tinted balms look darker with each application. If you want a brighter pink look, apply more than one layer.
- Tinted lip gloss is another good choice if you want a slight pop of color, but nothing too extreme.
Choose pink lip stain:
This is another natural-looking choice that lasts a bit longer than balm. Lip stain actually dyes the top layer of skin and blends with your natural skin tone to make it look a bit pinker. Look for a lip stain in the hue you want, then experiment applying just enough to achieve the perfect color.
- The more layers you apply, the darker the color will be.
- To keep lip stain from washing away, seal it in with a layer of clear lip balm.
Consider pink lipstick:
This is the perfect solution for days when you’re in the mood for lips that look strikingly pink. No subtlety here! Choose your favorite lipstick color and apply it to your top and bottom lip. Blot your lips on a tissue to remove excess color and lock it in place.