How To Made Natural Coffee Eye Cream for Dark Circles and Fine Lines
Under eye cream is an essential beauty product for any household. You can use it to reduce puffiness, moisturize, or tighten your under eye area. However, store bought creams can be expensive and they may also contain lots of unfamiliar ingredients. If you have been searching for a more natural, cost-effective option, then try making your own under eye cream.
Eye creams play an important part of a night time skin regime because they moisturize, restore and hydrate the delicate under eye area overnight and keeps it soft and prevents dark circles. Coffee and almond oil are great skin lightening ingredients and works amazing in lightening and preventing dark circles. Below is how you could use these 2 ingredients for making your very own effective eye cream for dark circles and fine lines :
BENEFITS OF COFFEE EYE CREAM:
Coffee is naturally full of antioxidants and caffeine which assist the skin’s ability to heal, restore, firm and tighten. The caffeine in the coffee is said to reduce dark circles and puffiness of the under eye area as it is known for increasing blood circulation to give the skin a more rejuvenated and refreshed look.
Almond oil has great skin moisturizing and lightening properties that lightens dark circles and also smooth out fine lines.
RECIPE FOR COFFEE EYE CREAM:
Things you need:
- 1 tablespoon Coffee oil ( Make your own coffee oil)
- 2 teaspoons rosehip seed oil or jojoba oil
- 4 teaspoons of shea butter
- 4 teaspoons of cocoa butter
- 5 drops of vitamin E oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
Make infused coffee oil by using coconut oil and ground organic coffee. In a bowl, add melted shea butter, carrier oils, and melted cocoa butter.
Add in a 1 tablespoon of coffee oil along with vitamin E oil and essential oil. Pour into a glass jar/container and let it set to harden. Gently pat around eyes before going to bed or in the morning under the eye makeup to brighten your eyes.
Making a Dark Circle Reducing Under Eye Cream:
Juice a few slices of cucumber and some mint
You will need a couple of teaspoons of mint and cucumber juice to make this refreshing, dark circle erasing eye cream. The mint and cucumber are what give this eye cream its cooling properties. Take some fresh mint and a few cucumber slices and put them through a juicer.
- If you do not have a juicer, then you can put these ingredients into a blender and then strain the liquid through a fine sieve.
- After you have extracted the juice, measure out and pour two teaspoons of the juice into a small bowl.
Add two teaspoons of milk
Next, measure out two teaspoons of milk and add them to the bowl with the cucumber and mint juice. The milk will help to soothe puffy areas and lighten up dark circles under your eyes.
Mix in two teaspoons of almond oil
The next ingredient you will need is almond oil. Almond oil will help to moisturize your eyes and it has a pleasant scent as well. Measure out two teaspoons of almond oil and then pour the oil into the bowl.
Stir in two tablespoons of aloe vera gel
The last ingredient you will need to add is 100% aloe vera gel. The aloe vera will help to hydrate and tighten your under eye areas. Measure out two tablespoons of aloe vera and then mix together all of the ingredients until they form a thick cream.
Use your cream before you go to bed each night
This under eye cream is a great treatment to use on your under eye area at night. It will help to moisturize and brighten your under eye areas while you sleep.
- Try applying a thin layer of the cream under your eyes after cleansing your face at night.
Making a Coffee-Infused Under Eye Cream
Infuse some olive oil with coffee
Coffee has skin tightening properties, it increases circulation, protects the skin from UV rays, and it can even slow down the skin’s aging process, so it makes a great addition to under eye creams. You can infuse olive oil with coffee and then use the coffee-infused olive oil in your under eye cream recipe.
- To infuse olive oil with coffee, combine three tablespoons of ground unflavored coffee with four ounces of olive oil in a pan.
- Heat the coffee and olive oil over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, remove the oil and coffee from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Strain the oil through a cheese cloth or coffee filter over a colander. Make sure that you place something under the colander to catch the oil.
Melt ¼ cup of beeswax
Next, set up a double boiler on your stovetop. To set up a double boiler, fill a large pot about halfway with water and then place a heat safe glass bowl above it. Turn the heat on medium-low. In the glass bowl, add in ¼ cup of beeswax and allow it to melt.
- After the beeswax has melted, carefully remove it from the heat. Wear oven mitts and set the bowl on a trivet or potholder because it may be hot.
- If you prefer not to use beeswax, then you can use ¼ cup of jojoba oil instead. You will still have to melt it though.
Add ¼ cup of coconut oil
Next, measure out ¼ cup of coconut oil and add it to the beeswax while it is still warm. If the coconut oil is solid, then it should melt as you add it. Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, but it melts easily.
Stir in the oil from three vitamin E capsules
Mix in the vitamin E oil next. Prick each of the capsules with a pin and drain the oil from the capsule directly into the bowl.Discard the capsule casings.
- You can also add in a few drops of an essential oil of your choice if you like. Try adding a few drops of lavender or chamomile for their soothing properties.
Mix in ¼ cup of the coffee infused oil
To complete your coffee under eye cream, measure out ¼ cup of the strained coffee infused olive oil. Pour the oil into the bowl and then mix the ingredients well. At this point, the mixture will be in a somewhat liquid form, but it will solidify again as it cools.
- Transfer the under eye cream to some small lip balm pots or to a small mason jar. You can store the under eye cream in a cool dry place, such as a cupboard or drawer, or keep it in the refrigerator for an even cooler cream.
Use this cream in the morning to perk up your eyes
This cream contain caffeine, which can tighten your skin. It is also moisturizing, so it will provide a good base for any makeup you decide to wear.
- Try applying a thin layer of this cream after washing your face in the morning.