How To Make Tomato face masks for skin care
If you are looking for natural solutions to have a glowing and healthy skin, here is the secret of what actually the tomatoes can provide for your skin care. Tomatoes contain huge amounts of minerals and vitamins, such as A, C, E, potassium and iron, which can actually help to nourish the skin. Home made face masks of tomato extracts can work wonders for your facial skin. It makes your skin healthier, radiant and tones your skin to make you look younger.
Tomatoes contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A, C, and E as well as iron and potassium. All of these nutrients help to nourish the skin. Because of these properties, you can use a tomato face mask to help with your skin, no matter your skin type.
Oatmeal, Yogurt and Tomato Face Mask
- 1 tsp oatmeal
- 1 tomato (juiced)
- Half cup of yogurt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a pasta. Apply the tomato mask on your face and neck and let it stay for about 20-30 minutes, then wash it with lukewarm water. Tomato juice is a good astringent that lightens your skin naturally. Oatmeal helps in naturally and gently exfoliating of your skin. Yogurt has a mild bleaching effect and helps in removing blemishes and pimples. You can also gently scrub your mask while washing, it can actually remove dead skin. This mask is really effective in removing sun tan.
Tomato and Lemon Mask for Acne
- 1 and a half tomatoes (mashed)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
Mix the mashed tomatoes with the lemon juice. Apply the face mask on your face and leave it until it gets dry. It is a very effective face mask that provides glowing skin, removes the oiliness and remove acne. It also makes your skin more flexible and tight, preventing premature aging signs.
Tomato and Curd Face Mask
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes (mashed)
- 1 tbsp of curd
- 1 tsp oatmeal
Mash the tomatoes and add the curd along with some oatmeal. Apply this mixture on your face, then leave it to stay for about 5 – 10 minutes. Then, wash your face with cold water. This face mask actually can help to cure your sun burnt skin but also makes it glow and smooth.
Tomato and Sugar Face Mask
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- Little of sugar
Slice the tomato and sprinkle some sugar on a small plate, then and dip tomato slice into it. With a circular motion, use the sugarcoated tomato slices to gently exfoliate your face skin. Pay extra attention to the T-zone (forehead, nose and chin), areas prone to blackheads and pimples. After your face is evenly covered with tomato scrub, leave it for 10 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. This face mask can works as an astringent and moisturizer.
Tomato and Olive Oil Face Mask
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1 tsp olive oil
Cut the tomato into half. Squeeze the juice from one half into a mixing bowl, then add a one tsp. of olive oil to it and blend the mixture. Apply this mixture to your face and leave it to stay for about 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with warm water. This face mask is best for dry facial skin.
Make the tomato base
Many different face masks use the same tomato base. Take a good sized, ripe tomato and cut it in half. Over a small bowl, squeeze the tomato until all the juice and seeds are in the bowl.
- The tomato must be ripe enough or it won’t have enough juice in it to make a decent base for your masks. The kind of tomato doesn’t really matter, but you need one that has enough juice to cover your whole face, which should be about 2 tablespoons.
- The use of tomato on your face may cause irritation or itching at first because of the acidity of the tomatoes. It should go away. If it persists, wash off the mask and do not reapply.
- Tomatoes contain substances that are great for your skin, such as lycopene, the nutrient that gives it the red coloring.
Mix a mask for oily skin
Grind or blend a cucumber to obtain its juice. Add two to three tablespoons of the cucumber juice to the tomato mixture. Then, add one to two tablespoons of honey, depending on how thin your juices are. Stir the ingredients well. Apply the mask all over your face. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat your skin dry.
- The skin of the cucumber can stay on to increase the vitamins in the juice.
- You can also use the cucumber paste that results when you blend it.
- If it is too thin, add a little honey at a time to thicken the mask.
- Cucumbers are a great addition to tomatoes because of their anti-inflammatory and cleansing properties, which will help remove the oil and calm your skin.
Create a mask for dry skin
Add one teaspoon to one tablespoon of olive oil to your tomato juice, depending on how much juice you have. Mix the two together well. Apply the mask to your face and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Make a mask for combination skin
Add a tablespoon of avocado to a bowl. Using a fork, mush the avocado until it is a paste. Add the avocado to the tomato juice. Mix them well and apply it to your face. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- The avocado should be ripe so it smooths out well for you.
- Avocado is great for dry skin because the vitamins A and E it contains help protect and replenish your skin. The natural oils in the avocado help moisturize your skin on contact and the vitamins help lock in the moisture.
Mix a mask for all skin types
Cut a lemon in half and measure out one tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix the two juices together well. Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture to your face. Leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- This mask may sting even more than just the tomato juice, especially if you have sensitive skin, because of the added acidity in the lemon. Be careful if you have sensitive skin or reactions to citrus juice.
- You can also add some oatmeal for a little texture and added nutrients to your mask.
- Lemon juice has nutrients and vitamins that will help brighten, moisturize, exfoliate, and lighten your skin as well as help with acne.