How To Remove Stretch Marks on Breasts
Stretch marks develop when the top layer of the skin expands or contracts faster than the layer beneath. These changes cause the connective tissues, such as collagen and elastin fibers, to break and leave stretch marks.
Most stretch marks have a veiny or branched pattern, exposing the areas where the skin has thinned, and tissues have been damaged.
The skin covering the breasts is thinner than it is in many other parts of the body, making it more vulnerable to fine tears.
Home therapies can be used to try to treat stretch marks by working to increase skin hydration, reduce inflammation, provide anti-oxidant action, and stimulate cellular and collagen production.
Rub egg whites on your belly. Hopefully it’ll be worth it. The protein in egg whites can mask stretch marks temporarily, so this is a good temporary fix though it doesn’t provide any health or recovery benefits. Whip the whites of 3 eggs to soft peaks and apply a thick layer to your stretch marks for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Get your spud on with potatoes. If you’ve been laying off the carbs, there’s a new reason to add potatoes to your grocery list. The juices are full of vitamins and minerals that help restore skin cells. So while you’re preparing some rosemary potatoes for your family, steal one and literally rub it over your stretch marks. Just hope no one catches you or you’ll have some ‘plain ‘ to do.
- To get specific, cut your potato into thick slices. Rub the pieces over your stretch marks, making sure your slice is juicy. Allow it to dry and then wash the residue off with warm water.
Use olive oil. It’s high in Vitamin E, which is great for your skin. If you’d like to keep it for tonight’s stir-fry, you can also use straight up vitamin E oil even the stuff infused with lavender, jasmine, and rosemary if you’d like. As long as it has a high concentration of Vitamin E, you’re good to go.
- The idea here is that your skin will soften, and when it softens, it expands, and, in general, goes with the punches more easily. Future ones will be less likely, too!
- Rumor has it that castor oil is also as effective as any home remedy can be.
Use sugar.A little sugar, oil, and lemon juice is a great exfoliant for shaving and what else? Yep, stretch marks, too. And you’ll smell great, too!
- White sugar works best and almond oil is good, too. When you rub it in, take a minute or ten to bask in your sugary goodness. Consider it an excuse for a long shower!
Using Lotions and Juices
For new stretch marks, use tretinoin cream. This cream works wonders on your body’s collagen-rebuilding skills when the stretch marks are brand new. The only caveat? Do not use it when you’re pregnant. There could be harmful effects on the fetus the jury is still undecided.
Be wary of creams and lotions marketed as a stretch mark-removing miracle. It’s just not true. While some people may get good results, it’s only with utter diligence, the fact that the skin is hydrated, and quite frankly, sheer luck and lucky genetics. So before you go shoveling out your pocketbook, think again.
- If it has retin-A or glycolic acid, you may want to consult your physician. They could be harmful; it’s best to check with your doctor before you use any over-the-counter solution. You definitely don’t want to deal with a skin allergy or skin discoloration!
Lounge in lemon juice. Surely you’ve heard of lemon juice lessening freckles, and it’s the same principle: lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent. Because of that, it can help stretch marks fade more quickly. Rub in the juices to the affected area and let it dry for about 10 minutes before rinsing off. Be sure to do this several times a day for a noticeable effect.
Use shea or cocoa butter. These two items are super hydrating and can bolster skin regeneration and smoothness. If used a couple times a day, stretch marks may start fading.
- Really, any lotion is good for your skin and your stretch marks. The more hydrated your skin is, the better it’ll feel and look.
Add on aloe vera. You already knew this stuff was great for sunburn and your skin in general, but it’s also good for stretch marks. It’s nature’s super healer for results, use it daily. It’s super safe during and after pregnancy, too!
- You can also make a mixture of 1/4 cup pure aloe vera gel, the gel from 10 vitamin E capsules and 10 vitamin A capsules prick with toothpick or thumbtack and squeeze and rub it on the area until your skin absorbs it.
- The raw aloe vera will leave a residue. After a few minutes, just wipe it off with lukewarm water.