How To Strengthen Your Nails After A Gel Manicure & Acrylics
Having nails painted is always a fun thing for most women because it is lovely, and it adds a splash of color to normal daily life. For that reason, doing nails can be addictive and we should have fun with the diverse look of nail patterns like changing colors, different styles or even having acrylic extension. All in all, manicures bring lots of pleasure for girls, but it also takes a toll on their natural nails since it may weaken the nails and make it bendable. As for men, having clean and healthy nails is also important because it reflects their image to others, especially when meeting with their clients. Honestly, nobody would want to shake hands with discolored, broken nails because that would be awkward and embarrassing.
The Most Effective Ways To Strengthen Your Nails After A Gel Manicure & Acrylics
Foods Good For Your Nails
Chia seeds are well known to be a wonderful source of nourishment for your whole body. They are abundant in calcium, B vitamins, zinc, and protein, which not only help your nails but also the skin and hair appear shiny and healthy all the time.
You can put some chia seeds in your smoothies, yogurt or make your own chia puddings if you like. By doing this, you both have a healthy diet and strengthen your nail right away.
Oats are among the top whole grains to add to your meals so that your hair, skin, and nails can be healthy and strong. Oats are full of B vitamins, notably biotin, which is beneficial for our nail strengths. Furthermore, this grain takes a long time to digest due to it’s high fiber content, so it also slows insulin release into the bloodstream. As insulin bursts occur in the body, blood sugar levels rise, which creates stress on the body. This sequentially damages the repair and growth mechanism for nails as well.
You can eat oats every day as an enjoyable breakfast, mix it in smoothies, or even make your own granola bars. But remember that the oats must be plain to ensure they are sugar-free, or you won’t get any of the nail and blood sugar benefits of this wonderful grain.
Almonds are vital for nail care as they contain an incredible amount of manganese, magnesium, zinc, protein, and copper, which are the best nutrients for the nails. Moreover, selenium and biotin are two minerals existing in almonds that are necessary for nails.
It is suggested to eat raw almonds rather than roasted ones so you can get all the goodness from it. You can mix them in smoothies or use it as a topping for your yogurt or oatmeal.
Hemp seed holds a rich source of biotin, manganese, protein, and selenium. All these substances can increase your health and strengthen your weakened nails. They also add a pleasant earthy- rich taste to foods.
You can use as much as 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds in your daily bites like yogurt, oatmeal, and smoothies.
How To Strengthen Nails At Home
Coconut oil is a rich source of nutrients that can do good to your entire body. This oil itself is high in saturated fat, which acts as a valuable conditioner for the nails. Other than that, the fat will keep all kinds of nail infection away and protect your nails. When it comes to soothing very dehydrated, dry skin and dealing with rashes similar to atopic dermatitis, coconut oil can come in handy. In fact, the nail bed is a skin extension, part of the integumentary (skin) organ system, so coconut oil can be used to moisturize fractured, dry nail beds and to help the uncomfortable condition of peeling cuticles.
- Warm up the coconut oil and put it on your nails.
- Massage delicately and completely for about five minutes.
- Mix some lemon juice and 1/4 cup of warm coconut oil.
- Soak your nails in the mixture for about ten minutes before sleeping.
- Put on gloves during your sleep for the best effect.
- Heat up the coconut oil till it becomes liquid.
- Stir a big minced garlic clove into the coconut oil.
- Dip the nails in the blend for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Wash your nails with lukewarm water.
- Let the nails dry thoroughly.
- Do the remedy once daily.
Daily use of flaxseed oil undeniably benefits the nails. This oil is full of very beneficial fatty acids, along with many minerals and antioxidants, which support fast-growing and stronger nails. Together with encouraging the growth of nails, flaxseed oil can aid in healing nail splitting, cracking and repairing dry or brittle nails. The oil also comprises nourishment such as potassium, B vitamins, magnesium, lecithin, protein, and zinc, which are crucial for general nail treatment.
- Apply some pure organic flaxseed oil to the nails.
- Massage delicately for a couple of minutes.
- Put on gloves for some hours to lock in all the moisture.
- Repeat this remedy one or two times daily.
Olive oil has been named among the best natural treatment for the nails. The oil can penetrate your nail deeply , helping to heal damage and strengthen nails while soothing the peeling cuticles. Olive oil is enriched with many polyphenols such as Vitamin E and, because of its constituents, has antibacterial properties, which make it effective at improving the appearance of your nails and lowering your chances of bacterial growth.
- Mix almond oil, jojoba oil, and olive oil in equal amounts.
- Warm up the mixture.
- Steep some cotton swabs in the mixture.
- Put the swabs on the nails.
- Leave it there for about ten minutes.
- Mix olive oil with some lemon juice with 3:1 ratio.
- Heat the mixture up till it warm.
- Soak your nails in the blend for about10 minutes.
- Do this once every day for best results.
Vitamin E Oil
One more commonly recommended moisturizer for the nails is vitamin E oil. As we all know, acetone and nail polish are undoubtedly very toxic and harmful to the nails and cuticles. This problem can be easily solved by the benefits of vitamin E oil as it aids in healing driedy out nails fixing brittle nails after doing the manicure with a harsh chemical nail polish. Plus, the antioxidants present in vitamin E oil may help nails with yellow nail syndrome transform its unpleasant yellow color into healthy and pinkish color. Apart from that, this beneficial oil promotes the anti-aging process. Taking vitamin E oil as an oral supplement can improve blood circulation, vital for the growth of nails, but must be done with doctor supervision as you can take too much.
- Extract the vitamin E oil from a capsule.
- Put the oil on the nails before sleeping.
- Massage lightly for about five minutes.
- Do this every day from 1 to 2 weeks for the best result.
- Mix one-half teaspoon of vitamin E oil with one or two drops of tea tree oil.
- Massage gently for a couple of minutes.
- Leave it there for about half an hour.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Put on some moisturizer.
- Repeat it 2 times daily for a month.
Peppermint is not only good for soothing the stomach, but it is also valuable when it comes to healing nails. This amazing, aromatic plant holds over forty diverse chemical compounds, such as menthone, methyl acetate, and menthol, lending powerful antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant capabilities.
- Put a teaspoon of peppermint and chamomile in a cup of boiling water.
- Steep for about 2 hours and strain it.
- Put two tablespoons of wheat flour and a teaspoon of olive oil into the mixture.
- Blend the mixture well.
- Put it on the nails, then leave it for an hour.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week for the best effect.
- Add a few drops of castor oil to the peppermint oil.
- Add some Epsom salt to the mixture.
- Dip your fingernails in it for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
Ways To Prevent Nails From Weakening
- Avoid exposing your nails to water or chemicals by wearing gloves whenever you work with those things and keep your nails short to get less water or chemicals absorption to the nails.
- Stop using a harsh chemical nail polish that has formaldehyde and acetone in it. More importantly, keep away from nail polish remover as it will dry and damage your nails.
- Avoid using acrylics or gel nails extension since they are the reason for fungal infection. Apart from that, hand sanitizers are not friendly either because their main ingredient is alcohol; it will dry out your nails.
- If you have the habit of picking hangnails and biting nails, then you should give that up.
All these rules seem harsh and strict but believe it or not, by following these, you can surely recover and strengthen your nails as soon as possible.
Just by following the above tips frequently without fail, you will get strong and healthy nails fast. If you know other ways on how to strengthen nails after a gel manicure and acrylics.