How To Use Rose Water For Dry Skin
If you have dry skin, I’m sure you can relate when I say keeping your skin hydrated is such a task. With your skin peeling or feeling stretchy about 90% of the time, figuring out a balanced skin care routine can seem almost impossible. And for most people with dry skin, this is a year-round problem. I found that the key to solving these issues lies in using ingredients that suit your skin type. And here’s what makes rose water an essential skincare ingredient for dry skin.
Rose water is an excellent natural beauty product that not only makes your skin feel fresh, but also gives it a radiant glow. It has been used for centuries as a natural and effective skincare product. Rose water contains antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory product that contains plenty of antioxidants, making it an ideal product to heal and soothe your skin. It also naturally maintains the skin’s pH balance and tightens pores, which reduces and wrinkles and fine lines. There are many ways to implement rose water in your beauty routine to get naturally beautiful skin!
Cleansing Your Face
Use rose water as a cleanser for your face. Since rose water hydrates and moisturizes the skin and has anti-bacterial properties, it makes a great natural cleanser for your face. It can even replace your current facial cleanser. Mixing rose water with glycerin and rose essential oil can make a hydrating cleanser to use on your face every day.
- Obtain rose water, glycerin, and rose essential oil. Glycerin moisturizes the face without making it oily.
- Glycerin can be found and purchased at most drugstores or grocery stores. Rose essential oil and rose water can both be purchased at a store that specializes in organic food or natural cosmetics, such as health food store or Whole Foods.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add one cup of water, two teaspoons of glycerin, and ten drops of rose essential oil and stir.
- When the ingredients are blended together and are viscous, pour into an empty toiletries bottle.
- Screw on the cap and save your cleanser for later use.
Use rose water as a toner. Rose water is an excellent replacement for toners with alcohol and harsh chemicals that can be used daily. Rose water is soothing to the skin and is an effective toner due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It will also close and tighten your pores. Use it in the morning or whenever you prefer to wash your face.
- Pour rose water into a spray bottle.
- Store the rose water in the refrigerator to keep it chilled.
- Apply the rosewater to a cotton ball and smooth over your face.
Refresh your face and skin with rose water. Rose water can invigorate your face and help maintain its pH balance. Periodically throughout the day, spritz some rose water all over your face for a revitalizing pick-me-up with the soothing scent of rose. It will serve as both a refresher for your skin and soothing aromatherapy.
Using Rose Water to Treat Acne
Use a rose water and sandalwood face pack. Rose water’s antimicrobial and antibacterial properties help treat and prevent acne. It will also help heal scars and wounds that are a result of acne. Sandalwood powder is excellent for absorbing the excess sebum from the face, thus effectively treating the source of acne.
- Add two parts sandalwood powder to one part rose water.
- Stir until the powder is completely dissolved in the rose water.
- Apply to your face. Leave it until it dries completely.
- When the mixture is dry, rinse your face and gently pat dry.
Use lemon juice and rose water. Lemon juice is another common natural acne cure, due to its antibacterial and astringent properties, which reduces the oil in the skin and kills bacteria. Like rose water, lemon juice also reduces inflammation. Lemon juice can dry out the skin if left on for too long and it can also sting, so use with caution.
- Mix equal parts rose water and lemon juice.
- Leave the mixture on for ten minutes.
- After the ten minutes have elapsed, rinse your face well and gently pat dry.
Try a cucumber juice, honey, and rose water pack. If lemon is too harsh for your skin, a cucumber and honey face pack should be a soothing remedy for acne. Natural honey contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that assist in killing bacteria and preventing breakouts. The honey and cucumber both contain anti-inflammatory properties that will soothe and cool your skin and relax you in the process.
- Mix equal parts honey, rose water, and cucumber juice.
- Apply to your face and leave for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Rinse the mixture well and enjoy smooth, hydrated skin!
Removing Makeup with Rose Water
Obtain coconut oil and rose water. An effective and natural rose water makeup remover will contain some oil. Coconut oil is inexpensive and both the coconut oil and rose water are nourishing for your skin. Rose water can be purchased at an organic food store, such as Whole Foods. Coconut oil is frequently available at most grocery stores.
Combine the ingredients. Mix equal parts rose water and coconut oil together. Since coconut oil is solid at room temperature, it can help to warm the coconut oil on the stove first so that it melts. Use a wooden spoon or whisk to mix the ingredients together well.
Pour mixture into a container. Once you have combined the ingredients, pour the mixture into a jar, such as a Mason or Bell jar. This will make it easy to dip into the mixture with a spoon or your fingers. Coconut oil hardens at room temperature but will melt if you rub it between your fingers and hands. You may need to dig some of the mixture out with a spoon whenever you use it from the jar.
Apply to your face. To remove makeup from your face, apply the mixture to your fingers or spread it on a cotton pad or ball. Rub the areas that contain makeup, until all of it has been removed. You may need to replace the cotton ball or pad with a fresh one as it gets saturated with makeup.